SECURING WALLS AND PARTITIONS
Modern buildings from the past century are often made of frames whose reinforced concrete bearing structure is finished with brick walls and partitions that are sometimes not conveniently connected with the main structure. While walls and partitions are not bearing elements, they may be highly troublesome and can cause damage, especially in the event of an earthquake.
Among various systems aimed at structural consolidation, Fibre Net developed a special FIBREBUILD FRP range for the reinforced render method. The system consists of GFRP meshes, connections and accessories combined with concrete-based mortars designed to make collaborating reinforced renders capable of improving the out-of-plane behaviour of masonry.
FIBREBUILD systems help make efficient, non-invasive and reversible consolidation, where masonry gains greater mechanical resistance, especially against tipping, and ductility, as well as compatible stiffness, while keeping loads and thickness low. The systems guarantee long-lasting and efficient works because they are corrosion-proof and compatible with different types of mortars, e.g. lime, concrete, pozzolan, etc.
REINFORCED RENDER METHOD
All buildings with a frame, even when their bearing elements feature high mechanical resistance, may be characterized by weak or inadequate connections of brick walls and partitions, which may cause them to tip out of plane in case of an earthquake.
Using FIBREBUILD-FRCM to connect a bearing element with a wall or partition consists in laying a thin coat (about 3 cm thick) of render mortar reinforced with preformed GFRP meshes and connections on one or both faces, depending on the type of element. The system helps improve walls/partitions in a homogeneous and diffused way, by enhancing their mechanical characteristics, ductility, durability and stiffness.
• LIGHTWEIGHT BUT HIGHLY RESISTANT
• CORROSION-PROOF AND COMPATIBLE WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF MORTARS (LIME, CONCRETE, POZZOLAN BASED, ETC.)
• NON-MAGNETIC (NO “FARADAY CAGE” EFFECTS), SUITABLE FOR ECO-SUSTAINABLE WORKS
• REDUCED WEIGHT AND THICKNESS
• EFFICIENT AND DURABLE CONSOLIDATION
• DIFFUSED AND HOMOGENEOUS MECHANICAL IMPROVEMENT
• ENHANCED TRANSPIRATION QUALITY OF MASONRY
• SIMPLE AND RAPID INSTALLATION
• REDUCED HANDLING, INSTALLATION TIME AND COST
• REDUCED TOTAL INTERVENTION COST
• SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT