BETONTEX is the confinement and reinforcement ring system of masonry columns and reinforced concrete pillars using FRP wet hand lay-up (Fiber Reinforced Polymer) with carbon fibre bands and epoxy resins. Suitable confinement using fabrics combats the transverse dilation of the structural element, thus making it stronger and more ductile.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
- Improvement in compression strength of masonry and reinforced concrete columns and pillars.
- Structural interventions following upgrading and seismic events
- Strengthening of dilapidated structures
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- High mechanical resistance
- High corrosion resistance and compatibility with lime-based mortars
- Easily adapted to irregular surfaces
- Prompt sizing and preparation of localised reinforcements.